the Egyptian Society of Wisconsin Bylaws
Article I: Name
This organization shall be called the Egyptian Society of Wisconsin, .
Article II: Purpose and Mission
• To promote understanding and enhance interaction between the Egyptian American community and the rest of the American public and its institutions.
• To promote understanding and cooperation between the American and Egyptian peoples, and support Egypt’s efforts toward progress.
• To provide a forum for Egyptian Americans to serve their interests and preserve their rich cultural traditions so they and their children would take pride in their unique heritage, their knowledge of the Arabic language, and their bicultural experience.
• The Egyptian Society of Wisconsin plans several annual functions, which include but are not limited to events such as the “Outstanding Achievement Award” ceremony, educational lectures by prominent speakers, and other social and recreational events which attract adults, youth and children.
The Egyptian Society of Wisconsin is a Wisconsin corporation which relies on the volunteer work of its members, most of whom are professionals giving their time, effort and resources to accomplish the successful program that the organization offers.
The Egyptian Society of Wisconsin Bylaws allow various forms of membership for Egyptian Americans and others who are interested in the Egyptian culture and the Egyptian SOW activities.
For further information regarding the Egyptian Society of Wisconsin., please leave a message at 262-567-9627 or by email at: info Egyptian sow.com (website is currently under construction, we appreciate your patience as we work on the website.)
the Egyptian Society of Wisconsin is a not-for-profit organization of professional individuals and organizations dedicated to maximizing the socio-economic benefits of the Internet for the Egyptian society through various programs
• Promote the utilization of the Egyptian Society of Wisconsin in the development of the Egyptian Americans economy and knowledge-based society; and activities, and in partnership with local and international Egyptain Society
the Egyptian Society of Wisconsin is established pursuant to law regarding the private associations and
institutions. It is managed by a Board of Directors which is comprised of nine voting members elected by
the General Assembly of the organization.
the Egyptian Society of Wisconsin aims to represent the voice the Egyptian’s of Wisconsin, community at national, regional and international
levels, and to build bridges amongst local individuals, business, government, civil society and academia.
Article III: Membership
Membership shall be open to any individual or organization interested in contributing to the development of the Egyptian Society of Wisconsin to the global dialogue ,policies and principles.
the Egyptian Society of Wisconsin shall have
five main membership categories as follows:
1. Individual: Members who join in their individual capacities.
2. Civil Society: Civil society organizations established and regulations.
3. Research and Education: Public and private schools, universities, scientific and research
4. Honorary members . This classification of membership shall consist of persons who have performed distinguished service to of the Egyptian Society of Wisconsin and who have been recommended by the Executive Committee of the Association for Honorary Membership, and who have been elected to such Honorary Membership by the Board of Directors of the Association.
5. Private Sector: Companies and business associations.
Members apply to join the Egyptian Society of Wisconsin shall have to identify the category they wish to be part of. Organization the Egyptian Society of Wisconsin Bylaws
3 Article IV: Constituencies
Members of the Egyptian Society of Wisconsin shall organize membership categories listed under Article III. Each Specific Committee shall elect a Chair and a Vice
Chair who, with help from other members, shall lead the work of the Committee. The Chair shall liaise
with the Board of Directors on any matters related to the Committee. In the absence of the Chair, the Vice
Article V: Board of Directors
1. The Board of Directors shall consist of nine voting members elected by the General Assembly to
execute the Egyptian Society of Wisconsin Bylaws mission and goals. The Board of Directors shall consist of: a. Five members of the Individual
3. Strategic Planning
4. Special Events
5. Alumni Awards and Scholarships
b. One member of the Civil Society
c. One member of the Research and Education
d. One member of the Banking Committee
e. One member of the Private Sector
2. Board Directors shall serve as individuals who have the duty to act in what they believe are the
best interests of the Egyptian Society of Wisconsin Bylaws
3. Term of the Board of Directors membership shall be two years. Mid-term elections shall take
place after one years from the date of the general elections to replace at least one third of the
Board (three Directors). For the mid-term elections, Directors may voluntarily decide to step
down, or otherwise decision shall be taken by draw. No Board Director shall serve more than two
consecutive terms (Four years).
4. In case of resignation of one of the Board Directors, a new Director shall be elected while
maintaining the Board composition as per item 1 of Article V above.
5. The Board meetings shall take place in the presence of the absolute majority of the Directors.
Board decisions are made by majority vote of those present, and if the votes are equal, the side of
the Chairman of the Board is outbalanced.
6. The officers of the Board of Directors shall be:
Executive Vice President
First Vice President
Second Vice President
Secretary Chairman, Vice Chairman, Treasurer, and General
Article VI: Duties of Officers
• Preside the Board of Directors meetings;
• Represent the Egyptian Society of Wisconsin in front of the administrative and legal authorities;
• Supervise the execution of the Board decisions;
• Submit the annual financial report to the Egyptian Society of Wisconsin
2. Vice Chairman
• Assume duties and responsibilities as delegated by the Chairman;
• Assume all Chairman’s duties and responsibilities in the absence of the Chairman.
• Complete and submit the annual financial report to the Board;
• Manage the resources and the expenses of the organization;
• Keep records of all expenses and revenues;
• Pay all due amounts and keep all necessary references;
• Audit the financial records and ledgers;
• Prepare and present the financial statements and budgets;
• Set along with the Board General Secretary the planned budgets.
4. General Secretary
• Prepare the agenda of the Board meetings, send it to the Directors and invite them to the meeting;
• Run the Board secretariat function including the recording of meetings minutes;
• Follow up on the execution of the Board decisions;
the Egyptian Society of Wisconsin Bylaws
Committees. The Board may also decide to disband any of these Committees once they fulfill their
In addition, there shall be a number of Standing Board Committees as follows:
• Finance Committee: Responsible for budgeting, financial reports and contingency planning.
• Membership Committee: Responsible for promoting membership growth and stimulating
effective participation in the various activities of the Egyptian Society of Wisconsin
• Governance Committee: Responsible for developing and implementing rules and procedures to
assure that the Egyptian Society of Wisconsin and its Board are working effectively and efficiently to fulfill their duties
and meet their obligations.
The Board of Directors shall decide on the membership of all Board Committees as well as on amending
any of their duties and responsibilities.
Article VIII: Meetings
• The General Assembly of the Egyptian Society of Wisconsin shall meet once every three months. It may be called for
irregular meetings if necessary;
• The meeting should be held only in places that are accessible to all members of the Egyptian Society of Wisconsin;
• The Board of Directors shall meet at least once every month.
Article IX: Revenues and Disbursements
• The fiscal year of the Egyptian Society of Wisconsin starts on January 1st and ends on December 31st;
• Financial resources of the Egyptian Society of Wisconsin are designated for its activities and it is illegitimate to disburse
• Revenues of the Egyptian Society of Wisconsin are generated from , sponsorships, donations and grants,
and any other sources identified and approved by the Board of Directors, and in accordance with
• Disbursements the Egyptian Society of Wisconsin expenditures shall be made with authorization of the Treasurer and
the Chairman of the Board.
Article X: Amendments
The General Assembly and the Board of Directors shall decide on any proposed amendments to the bylaws in accordance with law the Egyptian Society of Wisconsin the Board of Directors shall advise the of any changes in the bylaws at www. the Egyptian sow.com
The foregoing revised Bylaws were adopted on the day of , 2012, by resolution of the Board of Directors of the Egyptian Society of Wisconsin.